Please login or register. November 22, 2017, 04:12:47 PM

Author Topic: IVM 3 digit LED  (Read 6291 times)

sjoerdhooft

IVM 3 digit LED
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:55:03 AM »
Hey everyone,

I have a running VIOS with IVM and have creates some LPARs in it. First one should be a new NIM server, and second one should be NIM client. NIM server seems to be running, all checks are ok, so I created the NIM client. It starts up, counts the tftp packets, displays the AIX welcome screen and just waits there. Nothing more... After looking into the NIM redbook I learned that NIM should set a 3 digit LED code, to determine where the problem lies. Problem is, I can't find the 3 digit LED code. It's running on a JS22 blade on a bladecenter H.
I had a similar issue once on another blade, but without the whole VIOS/IVM/LPAR setup, just a blade installation. In that case, the "blade service data" provides the 3 digit LED code, in this case however, no luck there.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

sjoerdhooft

Re: IVM 3 digit LED
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 12:55:57 PM »
Ok, my fault, the LED code is viewable in IVM as the Reference Code. In my case it displays only "Starting Kernel", but I tried to install the LPAR with another NIM server and the codes appears... so it seems my freshly installed NIM needs a little work...