Please login or register. June 27, 2017, 10:31:32 AM

Author Topic: replaced Controller Card in SSA Enclosure  (Read 7135 times)

fbergenh

replaced Controller Card in SSA Enclosure
« on: March 15, 2010, 01:27:11 PM »
Hi Guys,

One of our clients has a 7133-D40 (SSA Enclosure).

Last week there was an post-fail-xrom error code on the display of the enclosure and I received an error message "Error accessing enclosure0" when trying to use Diag - SSA Service Aids - Enclosure Environment.

Last friday IBM replaced one of the controller cards and I can communicate which the card again by using diag.

Only problem is now that there is some 83A8 code on the display of the enclosure and there is a orange light on the RS6000 using that SSA enclosure.

Can somebody tell me if I need to do something in order to get rid of that 83A8 code and the warning light?

Thanks in advance.
Frank

fbergenh

Re: replaced Controller Card in SSA Enclosure
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 01:49:58 PM »
A log repair action cleared the oranje warning light, so that is solved.

Remains the code on de enclosure display itself. I am not sure it is an error code, it could also be the 4 digits of the serial number of the enclosure (serial number is AC1483A8). Can I do something about that?

John R Peck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 11:29:52 PM »

Scrapped my D40's a while back, but there was definitely an option somewhere, to set the 4-character enclosure id displayed on the drawer LED panel - I used to have D401 and D402 for my pair.  Try the three "Enclosure ..." sub menus from the "diag" "SSA Service Aids" menu option.

fbergenh

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »
I have another question regarding SSA:

This client wants to upgrade AIX from AIX 5.2 ML 8 to AIX 5.3 TL 10.
In order to make this possible, I need to do an upgrade from the firmware on several hardware and I was checking if the ssa hardware also needed some firmware update.

While I was checking some documents on the IBM website, I also found a document on the SSA Host software levels for AIX.
This document contains all the latest levels of the SSA Host Software file sets for all the supported AIX platforms (AIX 4.3.3, AIX 5.1 and AIX 5.2).

To my surprise there was the following statement at the end of the document: "Note: AIX 5.3 and above is not supported" and there are no filesets listed.

Does this mean that SSA hardware is not supported on AIX 5.3??

Regards,
Frank
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 09:05:54 AM by fbergenh »