Please login or register. September 22, 2017, 09:46:21 AM

Author Topic: B2001230 LP=001  (Read 26763 times)

r3dhotz

B2001230 LP=001
« on: July 22, 2007, 01:01:50 PM »
hello guys..

anyone out there can solve my problem .my machine appear error msg B2001230 Lp=001 after power Off .now my machine still running fine .just that any impact to my machine becouse of that error msg ..
 tq 

Michael

• Administrator
Re: B2001230 LP=001
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 11:52:32 AM »
As far as I know, it is not really an "error" message, but more of a status change. I have had it occur regularly - however, as I have not been restarting machines for a month I cannot recall the exact situations - as I could pretty much predict when it would occur.

I am hoping to get an explanation for the B2001230 code, but the LP=001 I assume means that it is coming from LP (logical partition) 001.

btw: I have only had the code when starting a Power5 from Power Off. Has this been the same for you?

r3dhotz

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 05:46:55 AM »
btw: I have only had the code when starting a Power5 from Power Off. Has this been the same for you?

hyeee...

yup look like the same ,the code came out after i starting a machine(power5) from power off.and for your information the machine have 3 lpar .

Neurath

• Registered
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 12:08:06 PM »
Maybe some information, that helps :

B2001230 means :

A problem occurred during the IPL of a partition.

The partition ID is characters 3 and 4 of the B2xx reference code in word 1 of the SRC (in hexadecimal format). If characters 3 and 4 are both zero, then the partition ID is in extended word one as LP=xxx (in decimal format).

This is a partitioning configuration problem. The partition is lacking the necessary resources to IPL.

This error might occur when you shut down a partition that is set to automatically IPL and then turn the managed system off and back on. When the partition automatically IPLs, it uses the resources specified in PHYP NVRAM, and this error occurs when the server does not find the exact resources specified in NVRAM. The solution is to activate the partition by using the partition profile on the HMC. The HMC applies the values in the profile to NVRAM. When the partition IPLs, it uses the resources specified in the profile.

Michael

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 10:19:48 AM »
Thanks for the update. I have generally seen it while activating a partition manually, and just see it "reboot" itself again, and then activating normally.

Very nice to know that the system is taking care of itself!

However, I am going to try to pay more attention to what I am doing to see if I can get this to be something I can see "on demand".

Michael

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 12:28:27 PM »
Maybe some information, that helps :

B2001230 means :

A problem occurred during the IPL of a partition.

The partition ID is characters 3 and 4 of the B2xx reference code in word 1 of the SRC (in hexadecimal format). If characters 3 and 4 are both zero, then the partition ID is in extended word one as LP=xxx (in decimal format).

This is a partitioning configuration problem. The partition is lacking the necessary resources to IPL.

This error might occur when you shut down a partition that is set to automatically IPL and then turn the managed system off and back on. When the partition automatically IPLs, it uses the resources specified in PHYP NVRAM, and this error occurs when the server does not find the exact resources specified in NVRAM. The solution is to activate the partition by using the partition profile on the HMC. The HMC applies the values in the profile to NVRAM. When the partition IPLs, it uses the resources specified in the profile.

Ah, I have been thinking about this. What has probably been happening for me, is that I have shutdown the system using ASMI interface, and when I manually start the system the VIOS partition that is set to autostart is reporting this message, and then restarting again - perhaps reading the default profile by itself.

My experience has never been that activation stopped, only that the partion activates a second time - which is behavior I see fairly often when switching to/from native AIX (whole system) and VIOS (IVM) modes by changing the boot disk.

In short, the key part of the explanation is:
it uses the resources specified in PHYP NVRAM, and this error occurs when the server does not find the exact resources specified

arl

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 12:16:34 PM »
We are experiencing the same problem here.
But it is then with the serial/ dummy partition.

It can be fixed by stopping this partition. The strange thing is only, that this partion should not be started, it is not even configured?

I also had a case, where a machine lost power, was started up again. The lpar on it should have been started automaticaly, but it is not? This gave the same error? Any tips?

Michael

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 05:59:10 PM »
Actually, I am on vacation - and my family claims me - so to be quick. Verify your firmware level. I am not at the latest release, but since I last updated (now at SF240_320 I believe) I have not seen this code.

For your more specific questions I would need to think of more questions for you first. If you are already at the latest firmware level then I must recommend contacting IBM. The information you need should be at the service focal point "Manage Events" application.

If you have been letting the system "Call Home" IBM should already have the error registered and respond "quickly".

Keep us posted!

arl

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 06:00:00 AM »
hi michael,

enjoy your holiday.
firmware level is at: 01SF240 338

i believe we have the call home functionality, so we will see wether IBM comes with a reply...